Saturday, January 23, 2016

Fabric on the Ceiling!


We have an awkward little room in our house that I have been ignoring since we moved in.  This room was once the patio that has been enclosed to be part of the main house. What exactly I am going to do with this room is still up in the air. However, I knew I wanted to spice it up a little. It is the only room in the house where the wooden beams are painted white, which blends into the white ceiling. One day while starring up at the bland ceiling and it hit me… Fabric! And faster than you can say, "linen",  I was in my car heading to Hancock Fabrics. Luckily, they were having a HUGE sale on large rolls of upholstry fabric.  I found this amazing fabric called Seedlings by Thomas Paul. What was even more amazing??? It was on sale for 50% off!

We have a mid century style home and the whole house has a vaulted ceiling. The ceiling is not dry wall, it is a thick (6 inches or so) fiberboard material, which is also the insulation to the roof. So how did I attach the fabric? I did not want to use glue or a staple gun, so I went with tiny little pins and just tacked it to the ceiling. You can not see the pins unless you look super close. In the future, if I decided to take the fabric down I can add a little spackle over the tiny holes and call it a day. The fabric changed the whole feeling of this room. It's warm, stylish and it makes me happy. Who would of thought fabric on the ceiling could change a room so much?
Before

  
After


No comments:

Post a Comment